...

This is a blog where i will tell you about all the creativeness of stuff i like and of creative stuff in my life.... Enjoy!

Monday 18 October 2010

Deaths Door - My entry to a contest

Deaths Door

The hanging stiletto over the eyes of the living,
The false bravado of this never ending world,
Is hiding, endearing, to those so many,
With joyous laughter and fluttering eyes.

The painting hung above the mantel,
The fire burning down bellow,
The candle resting with little interest,
A flickering life, cut out with little blows.

No one notices when the door is knocking,
No one notices the hum of long rest,
That is dropped and broken on so many occasions
That casualness is nothing, the norm, nothing less.

Light hearted chatter of final good nights,
To calm the unquenchable fear,
That lurks acutely under the edge
And angle of loved ones for ever no more.

And to hear the cries and realisation,
Of those who have passed but left behind
Their achievements and forever’s are forgotten,
When death’s door has closed on their endless time.

By kjate95 (me)

This is a poem I decided to write quite out of the blue and I am glad I did - Well, I guess not really out of the blue, but pretty random none the less. You see, there was a poetry contest on goodreads (and at the bottom there is a link to the poetry site where you can find other entry’s much better than mine), so I decided yesterday that I would put in a poem to see, you know, if I could get anywhere. I don’t expect, in the slightest, to get through as there are countless other talented poets and amazing poems up there already. But I am still glad I did it because all I did was have a go at writing a decent poems and I am pretty proud of what I did.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed it and click on the site and have a go yourself.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/418677-please-post-your-poem-for-the-november-goodreads-newsletter-contest?comment_id=21967563

No comments:

Post a Comment